Torkil Lund Johansen (born 1977) is a norwegian classical music composer. Before focusing fulltime writing music for orchestra and choir, he worked a few years as a film music composer.
In 2013- 2014 he writes his first symphony “Symphony No. 1 In G-Minor”.
In 2015 he starts writing on his largest work up to present time; his “Dødsmesse” (“Mass For The Dead”) for orchestra, choir and soloists. The large mass is in 2017 in progress.
Some of his work includes:
- Dødsmesse / Mass For The Dead (2015-)
- Symphony No. 1 in G-minor (2013-2014)
Music for film & television:
- Reisen gjennom Lofoten (2013) – Documentary Film, Dir Anders Øvergaard
- Cod Liver Oil And Cream Caramels (2012) – Shortfilm, Dir Guro Saniola Bjerk
- A Silhouette Story (2012) – Shortfilm, Dir Anders Øvergaard. WINNER OF HARALD ZWART (director of “The Karate Kid”) MOVIECOMPETITION AT THE GATHERING, OSLO 2012
- Coming Home (2011) – Feature Film, Dir Anders Øvergaard. WINNER OF THE AMANDA-AWARD IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES: “Best Children & Youth Movie” (2012), and nominated for the Amanda award in the category “The Peoples Choice” (2012). WINNER OF “BEST CHILDRENS MOVIE” AT STOCKHOLM FILM FESTIVAL JR. 2012
- Wash (2011) – Shortfilm, Dir Daniel Jeremy Wetherell
- Eppy Maurry (2010) – Shortfilm, Dir Daniel Jeremy Wetherell
- Sometimes (2010) – Shortfilm, Dir Guro Saniola Bjerk. WINNER OF THE AMADUS-AWARD (2012) IN THE CATEGORIES “THE PRICE OF THE AUDIENCE”, AND “BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM”
- Lapp Hat / Fjellfinnhua (2010) – Documentary Film, Dir Guro Saniola Bjerk. WINNER OF ERASMUS EUROMEDIA AWARD IN VIENNA 2011 (Special Award in the Category of Education and ethics). WINNER OF BEST NORWEGIAN DOCUMENTARY FILM 2010 AT THE NORWEGIAN DOCUMENTARYFILMFESTIVAL 2010. Nominated as best documentaryfilm at the 2010 «Northern Character» Int Film and TV festival Murmansk, Russia
- Den iskalde krigen (2009) – Documentary-series Norwegian TV 2, Dir Anne Berit Vestby
- When The Snow Falls (2008) – Shortfilm, Dir David Kinsella